No Match Found
Carbon nano fiber.
Carbon nano fiber is nanotech super material that have already revolutionized several industries due to its unique abilities, but further widespread application is now held back by its negative environmental footprint and high price.
- Doing the right things, working with the right team and engaging with the right customers - we can do this. We will show the world that green thinking makes green jobs, says CEO for Bergen Carbon Solutions, Jan Børge Sagmo.
Carbon nano fibers are basically next generation carbon fibers. It is a product that are 100 times stronger than steel, lighter than plastic and conducts electricity better than copper. This product is used in composites, batteries, plastic, cement and paint just to mention a few areas.
Finn Blydt-Svendsen (COO and Co-founder at BCS) receiving the "Vil litt mer prize"
Bergen Carbon Solutions won the “Vil litt mer” and the “Spir-prize” for developing an energy efficient production-method where they make carbon nano fiber out of CO2.
Using only renewable energy, the carbon nano fiber is produced by extracting carbon from CO2 emission. With the only bi-product being oxygen (O2 ), the production process is carbon negative. Bergen Carbon Solutions calls it green carbon nano fiber.
- Receiving these awards meant a lot for us and the company. First of all, the prize gave us the opportunity to work with PwC on market sizing, mapping the competitive landscape and developing our strategy in addition to receiving legal counsel.
PwC have kept us actively involved in the process, challenged us to be innovative and delivered a product exceeding our expectations, says Sagmo.
Rune Strømsnes, leader of PwC Consulting, Bergen
We are very excited to be a part of their journey and glad that Bergen Carbon solutions chose PwC as their partner for developing their strategy, as their offering aligns with our mission of creating trust in society and solving important problems.
- They are undoubtedly a highly skilled team, transforming a dirty petroleum based product into a clean product with low environmental footprint, says leader for PwC Consulting, Rune Strømsnes.
- We have followed Bergen Carbon Solutions since they won "Vill litt mer" and it is a really exciting company. Essential for BCS is their desire to have a high level of transparency so that both direct customers and end consumers can be sure that by choosing products made with cnf from BCS, they contribute to a cleaner world. We are very excited to be a part of their journey and glad that they chose PwC as their partner for developing their strategy as their offering aligns with our mission of creating trust in society and solving important problems.
BCS have this summer completed verification of the production process and are now ready to start building their first production module. Having verified the technology, they are now focusing on building the business towards new heights.
- We are now working on scaling up and are looking for investors to do this. Our goal is to be cash positive by next year, and be a world leader in producing and delivery of green carbon-nano fibers by 2022.
Doing the right things, working with the right team and talking to the right customers, we can do this. We will show the world that green thinking makes green jobs while being profitable, says CEO for Bergen Carbon Solutions, Jan Børge Sagmo.